All supervisors are encouraged to explore modified work schedules with a sustainability component with their staff. It is up to the supervisor to determine if any modified schedule is feasible for each job and the employee in each job.
An employee is not required to accept a modified schedule that does not meet his or her personal needs, such as child care or other personal commitments.
- Prepare for a staff meeting by considering the nature of the work, individual employee productivity and quality of job performance, team goals, "normal" work hours, and interdepartmental relationships that could be affected by new flexible work arrangements.
- Schedule and conduct a staff meeting to discuss potential flexible work schedules that will meet the sustainability and team goals.
- Discuss proposed schedules with the supervisor(s) of departments/areas that may be affected and/or those that provide some type of support (e.g. ITS).
- Document your proposed schedules on the FW&S Department/Area Proposal Form.
- E-mail the completed form to your department head.
- Upon receipt of an email authorization, complete the FW&S Online Reporting Form.
- Initiate your new flexible work arrangements.