2012 Syracuse University Team Member Information - Race Day Rules and Event Details
Race Day Rules
Different rules exist for walkers and runners participating in the Chase Corporate Challenge. It is important for each team member to review the rules of the Chase Corporate Challenge prior to Race Day.
Specific Race Day Rules
- Only registered participants with race numbers are permitted on the official course.
- All participants must complete the medical emergency information on the back of their race numbers.
- All participants must wear their assigned race numbers, clearly visible on the front of the torso during the race. Numbers must be displayed in full view, and may not be folded or cut in any way. Anyone found running/walking with another person's number will be disqualified, and risks disqualification for the entire team.
- Walker Policy: All walkers must start at the back of the field. They may not start in front of any runners, and may not start the race early. Walkers must follow the 3.5-mile course route and may not take optional or shortened routes. Violation of this policy may lead to disqualification of the entire company team from this and future Series events.
- All team members must participate unaided. Roller skates, skateboards, rollerblades, baby joggers, roller skis, bicycles, strollers, or animals are strictly prohibited anywhere along the race course. Their use will result in disqualification of the individual runner and possibly the entire company.
The Syracuse JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge will introduce chip-timing this year. Race numbers will contain a timing chip, and your time will be recorded based on when you cross the start and finish lines. There is no need to collect and enter finish times after the race.
Race Number and Team Shirt Pick-up
Each registered team member will be assigned a race number. A race number is required for entrance onto the official course. All team members will need to pick up their team shirt, Corporate Challenge race number, and race day information at one of the following locations:
Monday, June 18
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. - Hall of Languages Room 201
2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Office of Human Resources, Skytop Office Building, South Campus
Tuesday, June 19
7:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. - Office of Human Resources, Skytop Office Building, South Campus
Race Day Itinerary - June 19
4:30 p.m. - Shuttle service begins from Carousel Center to Onondaga Lake Park and runs continuously until 6 p.m.
5:00 p.m. - Check-in table at Syracuse University tent begins
6:00 p.m. - All Syracuse University team members gather for team photo
6:25 p.m. - Official start time of race
6:45 p.m. - Post-race snacks and water available until 8 p.m.
7:15 p.m. - Shuttle resumes and will run continuously until 9:00 p.m.