Self Assessment Instructions
Purpose: To encourage an interactive dialogue between the staff member and his/her supervisor during the performance review meeting.
Staff members are encouraged to complete this form prior to the performance feedback meeting. The first three sections of the Self-Assessment form mirror those of the General form.
Section 1: Accomplishments
- Reflect on and list your most important accomplishments during the previous review period.
- Describe the outcomes, results, or impact that these accomplishments had on your department/unit or the University.
- If you have previous Performance Partnership forms available, refer to the Goals/Development Opportunities (included in the review form and the Goals and Development Worksheet) when listing your accomplishments.
- Mark an "X" in the box next to three to five General competencies that best reflect the key skills, knowledge areas or behaviors that are important for successful job performance.
- If you are a supervisor or manager, choose two to three additional Leadership competencies.
- Access the definition of each competency by using your mouse to select the word and then pressing Ctrl + Left Click to follow the link.
- If you have previous Performance Partnership forms available, refer to the Job Related Competencies to guide you through completing this section.
- Document your competency strengths and areas for improvement in the space provided.
- Suggest new projects, programs, processes, procedures or activities that you could work on to improve your department/unit as well as training or personal development activities that would contribute to your continued professional and personal growth. While your supervisor may have other expectations for the coming year, your ideas should serve as a basis of discussion with your supervisor during the performance review meeting.
- From a development standpoint, this is an opportunity to look ahead and plan experiences that will prepare you for future opportunities.
- Describe the potential impact or results of what you have proposed, and note a targeted completion date for each goal/development activity cited.
- Once completed, a copy of the Self-Assessment form should be dated and submitted to your immediate supervisor.