Goals and Development Worksheet
Purpose: To document and track the staff member's progress throughout the next performance review period.
Either a supervisor or a staff member can initiate the use and/or updating of this worksheet. This form is optional.
Use the following definitions for completing this section.
- Designate either "Goal" or "Development" activity.
- Goals may be: newly assigned expectations and projects, assignments that develop employee potential outside of daily job duties, improvements to execution of current responsibilities.
- Developmental goals may include: training or learning experiences designed to improve the employee's knowledge, or skills that the employee will utilize during the next review period.
- Describe the Goal or Development activity. Outline the deadline-driven goal or development activity for which the employee is accountable during the next performance review period. Use SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-bound) to develop your thoughts.
- Targeted Completion Date: Identify the agreed upon date when each goal or development activity is to be completed.
- Planned Status/Feedback Updates: Identify targeted meeting dates to discuss progress on set goals/development activities.
- Identified outcomes: Describe the benefit(s) or impact that will result from completion of the identified goals or development opportunities.