- All salaried and hourly staff positions that have been classified and assigned to a PIN (position identification number) should have a Job Information Questionnaire (JIQ) describing the position on file in Human Resources. Call the Service Center at x4042 to request a copy of the JIQ for any position that you supervise.
- Work with employment specialist to make sure the advertisement/job posting reflects correct duties of the position. An employment specialist will help to identify advertising resources/options to target the appropriate candidates. Network with individuals in the University community that may have recently filled a similar position, as they may be able to refer qualified candidates.
- There are no job descriptions for faculty, temporary, graduate assistant and student positions.
- For bargaining unit staff positions, copies of job specifications (brief summary descriptions) may be requested from the Manager, Staff Relations.
- The collective bargaining agreement sets parameters for who can be selected for bargaining unit positions. It is extremely important that the job posting clearly lists the specific qualifications needed for the position. For assistance in developing the posting, or questions regarding the bargaining unit recruitment process, please contact Staff Relations at 443-4624.