Syracuse University is a progressive employer, focused on making improvements to work life by providing its faculty and staff with a benefits program responsive both to the diversity of its community and to the many life changes individuals experience during their tenure.
In order to receive retiree benefits you must meet the following eligibility requirements (among others):
- If hired before January 1, 2003, you must be at least age 55 and have at least one consecutive year of service as a “Regular” employee through retirement.
- If hired after January 1, 2003, you must be at least age 55 and have at least five consecutive years of service as a “Regular” employee through retirement.
While your years as an active employee at SU are complete, your connection to SU remains. Your contributions to the University during your career helped shape the SU of today. In return, SU continues to provide certain benefits to you in your retirement years. We encourage you to take advantage of these programs and services. You’ve earned them.
This summary is intended to provide a brief overview of the variety of benefits and services available to eligible retired faculty and staff.
- Monthly Contribution Rates for those who retired On or After Jan. 1, 2006
- 2013 Retiree Newsletter BEFORE Jan. 1, 2006
- 2013 Retiree Newsletter ON or AFTER Jan. 1, 2006
- Schedule B Medical Contributions