Discounts – SU Faculty and Staff
As a faculty or staff member of Syracuse University there are a variety of discounts from University departments and local businesses that are available to you. We make every effort to maintain information on current University discounts, but in the case of outside services, employees should contact vendors directly to learn about available discounts.
University based discounts
- Starwood Executive Traveler Program.
- Syracuse University Athletics offers a discount on season tickets to football and men's basketball games. For more information, visit the ticket link on the SU Athletics webpage or contact the Carrier Dome 443-2121.
- Syracuse University Bookstore offers a 10% discount on many items.
- The Telecommunications Department coordinates some cellular carrier discounts to eligible employees.
- The University Bookstore coordinates with Dell Computers to allow employees to purchase new Latitude laptop and Optiplex desktop configurations of Dell computers at prices discounted below those published on Dell's website and have their new computer shipped directly from Dell to their home address. This program is intended for off-site personal use of the computer, thus, the machines are not eligible for SU technical support. For detailed information about current offerings, please visit the Bookstore or contact Butch Auchterlonie at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 443-1694.
Some local businesses offer discounts to employees upon presentation of a valid SUID, but these discounts are not always communicated to HR. We are aware that in the past discounts have been offered on Road Runner internet service, AT&T and Verizon cellular phone service. However, past offerings do not guarantee continued discounts, and there may be others out there that we are not aware of. The best way to determine if a discount is available is to identify yourself as an SU employee and ask vendors directly if they offer a discount.
The University does not coordinate a discount with any local businesses nor does it endorse any of the vendors mentioned here. Be advised that discounts may change from time to time and must be confirmed with the vendor at the time of purchase. The University is not responsible for individual transactions.