Service Employees Benefit Fund (SEBF) Dental and Vision Plan Options
(Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Bargaining Unit employees only)
SEBF Dental Plan
SU offers two subsidized dental options through SEBF for all benefits-eligible SEIU employees:
- The Basic Plan provides coverage for examinations, cleanings, space maintainers, X-rays, extractions, periodontics, fillings, oral surgery and endodontics, and adjunctive services.
- The Comprehensive Plan provides coverage for services in the Basic Plan in addition to coverage for prosthetics such as crowns/caps, bridgework, and full and partial dentures.
All covered procedures are paid in full when you choose a Participating Dentist. SEBF allows you to choose any licensed dentist; however, reimbursement will be made according to the SEBF Schedule of Benefits if you do not go to a Participating Dentist. Any balance due is your responsibility.
For more information regarding the SEBF plans, please review the SEBF Dental Brochure.
Enrollment in the SEBF Dental Plan is a one-year commitment.
SEBF Vision Plan
You must be enrolled in one of the two SEBF Dental Plan options described above in order to enroll in the SEBF Vision Plan. Vision is not available as a separate option.
For specific information about the SEBF Vision Plan see the Davis Vision Brochure.
The benefits are available every 24 months and may NOT be split between In-Network and Out-Of-Network providers.
Enrollment in the SEBF Dental and Vision program is a one-year commitment. However, vision benefits may be used only once every 24 months.
- Most premiums are paid through pre-tax payroll deduction.
- Contributions for domestic partners and their children are paid on an after-tax basis.
- Contributions listed below are based on the 12-month calendar year. Actual deductions from each paycheck will vary depending upon your deduction cycle.
|2014 MONTHLY SEBF DENTAL AND VISION CONTRIBUTIONS|
SEBF Dental Basic Plan
SEBF Dental Basic Plan Plus Vision
SEBF Dental Comprehensive Plan
SEBF Dental Comprehensive Plan Plus SEBF Vision
- SEBF Participating Dentists
- SEBF Schedule of Benefits
- SEBF Vision Fact Sheet
- Davis Vision Brochure
- SEBF Dental Brochure
The web pages summarize your Syracuse University benefit options. Every effort has been made to ensure this information is accurate. However, the programs are governed by legal documents and insurance contracts. If there is any difference between the information on these web pages and the official documents and contracts, the official documents and contracts will rule. Our benefits are governed by current laws and operated according to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations. We will notify you if changes in plans are necessary to comply with the law or with IRS regulations.
Employees electing to participate in the SU benefit plans are bound by the terms of the governing Plan documents. If you have any questions regarding the plans, you may request a copy of the Plan document from the Plan Administrator by contacting the HR Service Center at the number indicated at the end of this page.
As is the case with all benefits offered by SU, (1) the Plan Administrator has the discretionary authority to interpret the terms of the Plan and such interpretation will be binding on all interested parties to the fullest extent permitted by law, and (2) the University reserves the right to modify or terminate the Plan at any time.