Welcome to Human Resources
Syracuse University is a great place to teach, conduct research, and work. Whether you are part-time staff or tenured faculty, the Office of Human Resources is dedicated to providing you with the services, information, and support you need to succeed at SU. For more information about HR and what we do, contact the HR Service Center at (315) 443-4042 or email email@example.com.
Please note that previously scheduled office hours for Wednesday, February 15, 2017 will not be held. Office hours will resume, as scheduled, on Wednesday, February 22. If you wish to contact Gordon prior to February 22, please contact Stephanie Irwin at 315.443.6311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a reminder, Gordon holds open office hours Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in his office at 434 Crouse-Hinds Hall.
The University will be operating under its “Green Days” format for the Winter Break period from 5 p.m. on Thursday, December 22, 2016 through Monday, January 2, 2017. Beginning at 5 p.m. Thursday, December 22, all University buildings will operate on a reduced occupancy schedule; the buildings will return to normal occupancy schedule on Tuesday, January 3, 2017.
The following University web pages provide information on Winter Break/Green Days services and resources:
- University services available during Winter Break/Green Days: http://news.syr.edu/winterbreak/
- HR Winter Break/Green Days information: http://humanresources.syr.edu/winter-schedule/
- Winter Break/Green Days FAQ: http://humanresources.syr.edu/green-days-faq/
Thank you for your continued support of the University’s sustainability initiatives.
Benefits-eligible employees with children approaching college age can learn more about Syracuse University’s Dependent Tuition Benefit at a presentation Tuesday, Nov. 8, at noon in Schine Student Center in Room 304.
Whitney Karl, human resources shared services representative, will provide an overview of the University’s three dependent tuition programs: SU Tuition Waiver, Cash Grant and Tuition Exchange. The brief presentation will be followed by time for questions and answers. American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation and Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) will be available.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact HR Shared Services at 315.443.4042 or email@example.com.
Section 3-110. Time allowed employees to vote.
- If a registered voter does not have sufficient time outside of his working hours, within which to vote at any election, he may, without loss of pay for up to two hours, take off so much working time as will, when added to his voting time outside his working hours, enable him to vote.
- If an employee has four consecutive hours either between the opening of the polls and the beginning of his working shift, or between the end of his working shift and the closing of the polls, he shall be deemed to have sufficient time outside his working hours within which to vote. If he has less than four consecutive hours he may take off so much working time as will when added to his voting time outside his working hours enable him to vote, but not more than two hours of which shall be without loss of pay, provided that he shall be allowed time off for voting only at the beginning or end of his working shift, as the employer may designate, unless otherwise mutually agreed.
- If the employee requires working time off to vote he shall notify his employer not more than ten nor less than two working days before the day of the election that he requires time off to vote in accordance with the provisions of this section.
- Not less than ten working days before every election, ever employer shall post conspicuously in the place of work where it can be seen as employees come or go in their place of work, a notice setting forth the provisions of this section. Such notice shall be kept posted until the close of the polls on election day.
Open Enrollment 2016 is October 31 – November 11 through MySlice. This is the only time of year when faculty, staff and other eligible individuals may elect or change their coverage for many benefits, unless they undergo a qualifying life event. Check out the Open Enrollment video that highlights what you need to know regarding benefits for 2017. It takes less than 2 minutes! This and other benefit news and information is available on the new Open Enrollment website.
PDF/Text version of 2017 video overview
The Office of Human Resources in partnership with Syracuse University Health Services will offer two more clinics for faculty and staff to receive a free flu vaccine. Annual vaccination is an important step people can take to protect themselves and others from the flu. See the schedule below and plan to stop by to get your vaccine to maximize your protection throughout the flu season!
Thursday, Oct. 27 from 11a.m.-2p.m., Skytop Office Building, Large Conference Room, 2nd floor
Tuesday, Nov. 1 from 11a.m.-2p.m., Newhouse 1, Miron Special Events Room 303
You must present your valid SU ID at the clinic to receive the vaccine. Temporary employees may show an alternate picture ID. No appointments are necessary.